A couple of months ago @lizkara123 also known as Dear Blog … Love Liz, nominated me for the leibster award ( thank you so much again). It meant the world to me, and I was so excited to start writing this post.
Unfortunately, I had to put my blog on hold for a little while. I was just starting out in college and I had to really focus on my grades and acclimating to college life before I could prioritize anything else. Basically, I had to get my S**t together. As much as I really did want to work on my blog, I couldn’t it was to much to juggle. Now that I have a semester under my belt, I feel comfortable in saying that my brief hiatus is over, and I will be putting out posts again. I now have a better understanding of college life, scheduling, and how to time manage so I can keep up with my classes and do something that I love. Now I can finally pick up where I left off, and I can start with the Leibster award! You can read Liz’s original post where she nominated me here .
The Rules for the Leibster award are …
- Acknowledge the blog(s) who nominated you and display the award
- Answer the eleven questions that the blogger gives you
- List 11 random facts about yourself
- Nominate up to eleven other blogs that you think are deserving of this award (with less than 200 followers)
- Let the bloggers know you have nominated them
- Give them 11 questions to answer
Okay Lets get started 🙂
Here are Liz’s eleven questions and my juicy, scandalous answers ( not really… they are kind of run of the mill sadly)
- What is the biggest priority in your life right now? Getting the best grades possible, and my family.
- Do you like to plan things out or be spontaneous? Normally when I over plan or schedule something I never end up having fun because I put expectation on the event. When I find myself in a spontaneous situation where fun happens naturally, I feel far more comfortable and easy going. For example, in tenth grade, I was on a field trip to Washington D.C and I met this boy from another school. We were standing outside, totally freezing in front of a memorial, and we saw an elevator. It beckoned us, sweet, sweet, warmth. He took my hand, and led me to the elevator and when he stepped in I hesitated. He said ” in or out?”, I had never done anything like this, I took the step forward and the doors closed in front of us. We were laughing, hugging, until the elevator got stuck for a few minutes. Luckily it opened and we found our way back to our schools after venturing into the gift shop. Even though we could have gotten in a lot of trouble, its one of my favorite memories from high school. So I guess… Spontaneous.
- What is your biggest fear? I know this is going to sound super morbid but being utterly alone is my worst fear.
- What was the last movie you saw? Pitch Perfect Three… Loved it!
- If you were the opposite gender for one day, what would you do? Pee standing up… and see what’s it like to call someone a bro without feeling like a total idiot.
- What’s your family like? Loyal, safe, and loving. I know I can always go home if I ever need anything.
- How would you define success? To me, being successful isn’t measured in how much money you have, or how high you have climbed on the corporate ladder. Even though wealth and job stability makes life easier, being surrounded by family and love is the most important thing to me. Success in my book, is defined by happiness.
- What is the best piece of advice that you’ve received? If you set your mind to it, you can do it, even if it takes you longer or is harder then you expected.
- If you found $100 on the ground, what would you do with it? I want to say something super nice, and down to earth, like give it to a homeless person or donate the money to charity. If I am being real here though, where’s the nearest ATM? $100 is a lot to a college student. I’d definitely save the money for a rainy day.
- What is your biggest pet peeve? When people noticeably zone out while your talking to them… what’s the point in telling them anything? SO ANNOYING.
- What would you do differently if you could relive the past year? Not let people get away with treating me meanly. High school is hard enough without people bringing you down.
Here are my 11 Random Facts … Hope you find them somewhat entertaining.
- My dream is to someday live in England
- My favorite color is pastel yellow
- I HATE the smell of butterscotch candy
- I’m not the biggest fan of cooked fish, but love sushi
- One of my favorite Hobbies is snorkeling
- I’ve been writing stories since third grade
- In sixth grade I wrote a novel
- I prefer having a few very close friends, as to a lot of just friendly friends
- I have a twin brother that I look nothing like
- I love history
- I love taking baths
So, I know I am supposed to nominate bloggers with under 200 followers, and of course I will be putting a couple blogs I really love in the list that sticks to that standard. I also wanted to acknowledge a few people who have supported my blog when I was starting out. That first initial support was a huge motivator, and I wanted to express my appreciation by nominating them as well. Even though I am bending the rules a little ( Sorry!) I really wanted to do this, and I hope you understand.
The Blogs I am nominating are as follows:
- Dear Blog… Love Liz
- Everything Beauty
- Avant- Garde
- Katyy Rae
- Federica’s Dreams
- Life With Gabs
- Kibe Benson
- Enchanting Infinities
Go check out all of these amazing blogs, the link is attached to their names 🙂 I loved reading through everyone’s amazing posts!
Here are my questions for you! I hope you have fun answering them…
- If you could go anywhere in the world tomorrow, where would you go?
- What is your biggest turn off?
- What is your biggest turn on?
- Where would you like to be living in 10 years?
- What’s your favorite book?
- Why is your best friend, your best friend?
- If you could change your eye color, what would you change it to?
- What is your most prized procession?
- Who is your inspiration?
- What motivates you?
- What is your dream job?
I want to thank Liz again for nominating me! #supportsmallblogs